cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidkbailey
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi,

We have a number of machines which are on 24/7 due to hotdesking and the nature of our business. However, these machines are never rebooted, so they are behind on patching. I wanted to see if there was a way to detect if a machine was just sitting at the logon screen (i.e. username/password prompt) for a period of time (say 2 hours) and if so, reboot that machine so it applies pending updates/patches.

Any help would be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Katgroup
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Since Lansweeper scans on a schedule, it may not be ideal for this task. Lansweeper will scan the currently logged-in user, but it does not perform "real-time" monitoring.

Furthermore, even if you could report on it, you would have to trigger the reboot via deployment manually. In my opinion, this task would be best served by an RMM tool rather than Lansweeper.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Katgroup
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Since Lansweeper scans on a schedule, it may not be ideal for this task. Lansweeper will scan the currently logged-in user, but it does not perform "real-time" monitoring.

Furthermore, even if you could report on it, you would have to trigger the reboot via deployment manually. In my opinion, this task would be best served by an RMM tool rather than Lansweeper.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now