cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninjintamir
Engaged Sweeper
Dear Lansweeper support team

Im here to report a problem about a Share permission section. When I scan it lansweeper shows me a dozens of active Everyone share folder, But when I check it properly some of them are not in Everyone Share settings. I don’t understand why Lansweeper showing me this. So please respond me as soon as possible thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
This question was answered via email.

"The screenshot from the local computer you've sent in the email shows the local folder permissions for that folder. The scanned information in your Lansweeper database though consists of the share permissions, which is a different permission set, as seen in the screenshots below (from a Windows 10 computer). Lansweeper scans share permissions from WMI, Windows Management Instrumentation, a management framework built into Windows operating systems. The information listed on your asset pages will be exactly what was found in the WMI on the local computer when it was last scanned.

We recommend verifying if the share permissions, not the folder permissions match with the local computer and the computer's asset page. If the information doesn't match, you may need to rescan the computer in question."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
This question was answered via email.

"The screenshot from the local computer you've sent in the email shows the local folder permissions for that folder. The scanned information in your Lansweeper database though consists of the share permissions, which is a different permission set, as seen in the screenshots below (from a Windows 10 computer). Lansweeper scans share permissions from WMI, Windows Management Instrumentation, a management framework built into Windows operating systems. The information listed on your asset pages will be exactly what was found in the WMI on the local computer when it was last scanned.

We recommend verifying if the share permissions, not the folder permissions match with the local computer and the computer's asset page. If the information doesn't match, you may need to rescan the computer in question."