→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
malbanese1
Engaged Sweeper II
I am trying to confirm the version of Flash Player on the computers for a specific Active Directory group. I am doing a software upgrade for something specific to this group and i want to check on the software requirements. I did a search but didn't find anything on this.

The logic would be something like tblADGroups.Name and show the PC name and flash version. My SQL skils are not great which is why I am asking for help.

Thank you,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We have added a custom report below that gives back the Assets with Flash Player and the software version installed on for a specific AD group. You will have to change the highlighted text below in between the %-icons to the specific AD group you want to filter on. Instructions for adding this report to your Lansweeper installation can be found here.

If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, which explains in great detail what each database table and field stores. More information on the dictionary can be found here.
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblADGroups.Name as [AD Group],
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Left Join tblADComputers On tblAssets.AssetID = tblADComputers.AssetID
Left Join tblADObjects On tblADObjects.ADObjectID = tblADComputers.ADObjectID
And tblADObjects.ADObjectID = tblADComputers.ManagerADObjectId
Left Join tblADGroups On tblADObjects.ADObjectID =
tblADGroups.ManagerADObjectId And tblADObjects.ADObjectID =
tblADGroups.ADObjectID
Inner Join tblSoftware On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSoftware.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftwareUni.SoftID = tblSoftware.softID
Where tblADGroups.Name Like '%yourADgroup%' And tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like
'%flash player%' And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
malbanese1
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you very much for the help. This is perfect. I will work through the documentation as well so I have a better understanding of how to build reports.

Thanks again.
David_G
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We have added a custom report below that gives back the Assets with Flash Player and the software version installed on for a specific AD group. You will have to change the highlighted text below in between the %-icons to the specific AD group you want to filter on. Instructions for adding this report to your Lansweeper installation can be found here.

If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we do recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder is a standard SQL editor. If you know SQL, you know how to build Lansweeper reports as well. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Making use of our database dictionary, which explains in great detail what each database table and field stores. More information on the dictionary can be found here.
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblADGroups.Name as [AD Group],
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Left Join tblADComputers On tblAssets.AssetID = tblADComputers.AssetID
Left Join tblADObjects On tblADObjects.ADObjectID = tblADComputers.ADObjectID
And tblADObjects.ADObjectID = tblADComputers.ManagerADObjectId
Left Join tblADGroups On tblADObjects.ADObjectID =
tblADGroups.ManagerADObjectId And tblADObjects.ADObjectID =
tblADGroups.ADObjectID
Inner Join tblSoftware On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSoftware.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftwareUni.SoftID = tblSoftware.softID
Where tblADGroups.Name Like '%yourADgroup%' And tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like
'%flash player%' And tblAssetCustom.State = 1