cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dallstun
Engaged Sweeper
Hello All,

I am new to Lansweeper, so PLEASE forgive my ignorance and reply as though you are speaking to someone who has barely touched Lansweeper.

I have been given the task of tracking down details for a list (CSV or TXT) of about 170 specific IP addresses. I won't get into details as to why, but I'll just say we have some cleaning up to do. They are not in a neat bundled range, and span across several subnets. Lansweeper has already scanned our IP ranges and has information on the IP addresses in my list. I would prefer not to have to search for each of them, individually. I would like to know how to run a report for only the specific IPs in my list. Is there a way to call on my list file to create a report with information such as name, manufacturer, asset type, state, etc.?

Thank you very much for your time and patience.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
To be honest, the easiest way might be to first group the assets you want the information from in Lansweeper itself.

This will make the report a lot easier as you can just ask for the information of the group. You can find information on how to group assets here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/117/grouping-assets.html

I'll share a general report I often use as a starting point. You can always add or remove this in the report builders as you wish.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
Coalesce(tsysOS.Image, tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10) As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tsysOS.OSname As OS,
tblAssets.SP,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tsysIPLocations On tsysIPLocations.LocationID =
tblAssets.LocationID
Inner Join tblState On tblState.State = tblAssetCustom.State
Left Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where tblState.Statename = 'Active'
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName

Lastly, if it comes down to literally entering specific IP addresses, you can add the IP addresses in the following where clause (between single quotes):
Where tblAssets.IPAddress In ('192.168.1.1', '192.168.1.2')

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
To be honest, the easiest way might be to first group the assets you want the information from in Lansweeper itself.

This will make the report a lot easier as you can just ask for the information of the group. You can find information on how to group assets here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/117/grouping-assets.html

I'll share a general report I often use as a starting point. You can always add or remove this in the report builders as you wish.

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
Coalesce(tsysOS.Image, tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10) As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tsysOS.OSname As OS,
tblAssets.SP,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tsysIPLocations On tsysIPLocations.LocationID =
tblAssets.LocationID
Inner Join tblState On tblState.State = tblAssetCustom.State
Left Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where tblState.Statename = 'Active'
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName

Lastly, if it comes down to literally entering specific IP addresses, you can add the IP addresses in the following where clause (between single quotes):
Where tblAssets.IPAddress In ('192.168.1.1', '192.168.1.2')
Charles.X - Adding them the way you mentioned got me exactly what I needed. Thank you!