cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkey_current_us
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

The Windows 11 requirements are out (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11-specifications). I'd like to start planning for hardware replacements. (budgeting, forecasting etc.)

I'm sure this will be popular. Anyone able to build such a report? I certainly don't have the skills.

Cheers.
14 REPLIES 14
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Here is the blog + report.

The report lists the requirements and also has notes to give some more explanation on how I worked around the limitations of some data not being available.
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
Thanks, Esben.D. I look forward to seeing the results of your efforts.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm working on a report for next week that will cover this.

What RC62N mentioned is correct, that data listed isn't directly scanned. I did find a way to determine whether BIOS or EUFI is used (based on boot partition settings). Secure boot can be checked with a registry key (but the requirements is capable, not enabled so...)

Still working on importing the list of around 700 supported CPUs, but it will be published next week.
charlieb
Engaged Sweeper
it would be very helpful if lansweeper had a simple api to update custom fields then
we would be able to do our own custom scans (not via lansweeper)
then either put results in the custom fields or
put a web link in the custom field to a table of results

lansweeper does a great job but can never get all the info that everyone wants to meed specific business requirements so why not provide some very very basic extensibility

RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
Several of the requirements can be readily pulled from LANSweeper -- CPU, RAM, TPM -- but a few of them, as best I'm aware, can't.

Requirements
  • Graphics card: DirectX 12
  • Graphics card: WDDM 2.0
  • System firmware: UEFI
  • System firmware: secure boot capable
  • Monitor: 9" or greater

As best I'm aware, LANSweeper has no record of DirectX or WDDM versions. I haven't gone deep-diving, but a skim of the tables and a few minutes with Google turned up nothing.

I've seen some attempts to infer UEFI based on other characteristics, but nothing definitive. I don't believe I've seen any means of determining whether secure boot is supported.

As far as the monitor size, I'm not aware of that being a recorded attribute. You can run an inventory of monitors and manually look up their sizes to build your own lookup list -- many are probably obvious from the model numbers -- but that's likely to take a fair amount of time.

If anyone knows better, please chime in. I'm always interesting in learning of extra nuggets of data buried away in the database and I wouldn't mind a report on what hardware won't meet needs.