cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hovgaard
Engaged Sweeper
In the 'computer report' is there a column for the 'Model'. I use mostly Lenovo PC's and the Model contains a 7 character model name. I would like to translate or have another column With the user frendly name for this model. I do have list with all Model-numers wha are used and the corresponding 'frendly' name.

Regards Per
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In our experience, Lenovo stores the "correct" model name in the Version field of the Win32_ComputerSystemProduct WMI class, which is not where we would expect it to be.

Win32_ComputerSystemProduct data is stored in the tblComputerSystemProduct table of the Lansweeper database. The sample report below should list the "correct" Lenovo model names.
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblComputerSystemProduct.Version As CorrectModel
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tblComputerSystemProduct On tblAssets.AssetID =
tblComputerSystemProduct.AssetID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1 And tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer Like '%lenovo%'

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RBosch01
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks! That's really useful to know and seems to work reasonably well with "IBM" devices as well. Wish I'd known this a few months ago 😕
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In our experience, Lenovo stores the "correct" model name in the Version field of the Win32_ComputerSystemProduct WMI class, which is not where we would expect it to be.

Win32_ComputerSystemProduct data is stored in the tblComputerSystemProduct table of the Lansweeper database. The sample report below should list the "correct" Lenovo model names.
Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblComputerSystemProduct.Version As CorrectModel
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tblComputerSystemProduct On tblAssets.AssetID =
tblComputerSystemProduct.AssetID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1 And tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer Like '%lenovo%'
chads
Lansweeper Alumni
@RBosch01

You mind sharing this SQL script that you run to fill in this information? we are heavy Lenovo here and i hate the way they list their models.
RBosch01
Engaged Sweeper II
We ended up using one of the custom fields on tblAssetCustom to hold a friendly name.
I created a SQL script (update query) which simply populates the custom field with a friendly name based on the model number.
Initially I was running this SQL script manually via the Configuration -> Database Scripts screen in Lansweeper, but now I use the Windows scheduler to call it 3 times times a day and run it directly via the SQL Server management console.
If new models come along, I just update my SQL script accordingly.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you edit the asset maybe you can change the Lenovo model and lock it to avoid to be overwritten again? Most other manufacturers use quite good model names.