cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ifm
Champion Sweeper
I am managing some student computer rooms and from time to time it happens that single computers differs from the rest. I would like a report where I can add multiple softwares that should be installed on all computers with name beginning with XXXXXX (followed by tree digits). The report should alert me if a computer does not have the specified software. Also it should be a widget on the dashboard and possible to use in email notifications.

Is this possible or is this a larger feature request?

Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
A sample report that lists computers missing a specific software package can be found here. For the computer name requirement, you will need to add the following to the Criteria column for the tblAssets.AssetName expression:

Like 'XXXXXX%'

Instructions for running reports can be found here. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we would recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Updating to Lansweeper 5.2, if you haven't already. Lansweeper 5.2 includes a database dictionary, which is linked at the top of the report builder.

Instructions for setting up a report alert can be found here. To add the report to your dashboard, you can use the Data Report widget, which can display any report found under Reports\View All Reports.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
A sample report that lists computers missing a specific software package can be found here. For the computer name requirement, you will need to add the following to the Criteria column for the tblAssets.AssetName expression:

Like 'XXXXXX%'

Instructions for running reports can be found here. If you are interested in building or modifying reports, we would recommend:
  • Reviewing some SQL tutorials, as the Lansweeper report builder uses standard SQL queries. This seems like a good tutorial.
  • Updating to Lansweeper 5.2, if you haven't already. Lansweeper 5.2 includes a database dictionary, which is linked at the top of the report builder.

Instructions for setting up a report alert can be found here. To add the report to your dashboard, you can use the Data Report widget, which can display any report found under Reports\View All Reports.