→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klaus_Munk
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

I need extra build info for Windows 10 OS
I have made a new report with OS 10 listed with build numbers, but I'm missing the last xxx digits Ex. 10.0.14393.xxx

Is it possible to get that?
6 REPLIES 6
MariusC
Engaged Sweeper III
I do that but after how many time I have some computer in this report? I already force scan, and for registry scan I set 1 day!!

Thanks for reply
Doratheexplorer
Engaged Sweeper III
Scanning -> File & Registry Scanning -> Add Registry Scan.
MariusC
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

I found this useful info on this link https://superuser.com/questions/963910/how-to-find-the-build-version-of-windows-10 where if I run the PowerShell script I receive the correct number build like from command winver in my case Version 14393.969.
The command is:
function Get-RegistryValue($key, $value) {
(Get-ItemProperty $key $value).$value
}
$a1 = Get-RegistryValue "HKLM:\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion" CurrentBuild
$a2 = Get-RegistryValue "HKLM:\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion" UBR
Write-Host Version $a1'.'$a2

How can I get this result in a report from LanSweeper what is best way to use?

Thanks
Marius
MariusC
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

Please help with this OS Build report, I set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Inetcomm
On the RegValue I put Version . Is ok?
I scan the computer and don't see nothing in report.

Tell me why on regedit for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Inetcomm I have different value compare with cmd from run winver ?

Thanks for help
Marius
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
Lansweeper does not scan the last three digits of the build number. You could however use registry scanning to get the last 3 digits and make use of the root location that MikeMc mentioned.
MikeMc
Champion Sweeper II
We had a similar need in our environment, so we scan the Version value under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Inetcomm key. It's not ideal but it has been working so far.