cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esullivan
Engaged Sweeper
Not to keep bugging you man, but we have PC's with recovery partitions that are getting reported in this section. Is there a way to tell LS to ONLY report drive C on the dashboard?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
virtualgeek wrote:
I'm new to LS and was wonder how can I change the default values from 1Gb(1024) to another number or to simply create a new custom rule for 2GB?

Thanks,
VG

For 2GB, use the report below. If you need another value, you must change the number highlighted in bold.

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
Web40OSName.OSname, tblOperatingsystem.Description, tblDiskdrives.Caption,
Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As
Free, Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As
[Total size], tblDiskdrives.Lastchanged As [Last changed],
Web40OSName.Compimage As icon
From tblComputers Inner Join
tblDiskdrives On tblComputers.Computername = tblDiskdrives.Computername
Inner Join
tblOperatingsystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblOperatingsystem.Computername Inner Join
web40ActiveComputers On tblComputers.Computername =
web40ActiveComputers.Computername Inner Join
Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join
tblComputersystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblComputersystem.Computername
Where Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) <
2048 And Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) <>
0 And tblComputersystem.Domainrole < 2 And tblDiskdrives.DriveType = '3'
Order By Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric),
tblDiskdrives.Caption

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
virtualgeek
Engaged Sweeper
I'm new to LS as well.

I would like to know how to create more than one report for disks, current we have a server one for 3GB. How can I copy this rule to create one that reports between 3GB and 5GB?

I have the Premium version, where is the report builder tool as I can't seem to find it?

Also, is there a way to have LS email me when drive goes below a certain threshold?

VG
virtualgeek wrote:
I would like to know how to create more than one report for disks, current we have a server one for 3GB. How can I copy this rule to create one that reports between 3GB and 5GB?

To copy a report, left-click on it within the report builder and hit the "Edit" button. Copy the SQL code you see at the bottom, hit the "New" button and paste the code into a new report. If you wish to save this report, give it a "View name" and a "Report name" and hit "Save".

virtualgeek wrote:
I have the Premium version, where is the report builder tool as I can't seem to find it?

The report builder can be found in the configuration console, a shortcut for which should be present on your desktop. The report builder is located under "Reports & Alerts".

virtualgeek wrote:
Also, is there a way to have LS email me when drive goes below a certain threshold?

You can do this by having one of the previously mentioned reports emailed to you each day. (If the report has no results, it isn't emailed.) More info on report mailing can be found on page 91 of our online documentation.
virtualgeek
Engaged Sweeper
I'm new to LS and was wonder how can I change the default values from 1Gb(1024) to another number or to simply create a new custom rule for 2GB?

Thanks,
VG
virtualgeek wrote:

Thanks,
VG

For 2GB, use the report below. If you need another value, you must change the number highlighted in bold.

Select Top 1000000 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
Web40OSName.OSname, tblOperatingsystem.Description, tblDiskdrives.Caption,
Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As
Free, Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) As
[Total size], tblDiskdrives.Lastchanged As [Last changed],
Web40OSName.Compimage As icon
From tblComputers Inner Join
tblDiskdrives On tblComputers.Computername = tblDiskdrives.Computername
Inner Join
tblOperatingsystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblOperatingsystem.Computername Inner Join
web40ActiveComputers On tblComputers.Computername =
web40ActiveComputers.Computername Inner Join
Web40OSName On Web40OSName.Computername = tblComputers.Computername Inner Join
tblComputersystem On tblComputers.Computername =
tblComputersystem.Computername
Where Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) <
2048 And Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Size As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric) <>
0 And tblComputersystem.Domainrole < 2 And tblDiskdrives.DriveType = '3'
Order By Cast(Cast(tblDiskdrives.Freespace As bigint) / 1024 / 1024 As numeric),
tblDiskdrives.Caption
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Our premium version has a report builder to build and change these kinds of reports.
But if you have sql knowledge you can go in the database and change the views yourself.
Lansweeper wrote:
Our premium version has a report builder to build and change these kinds of reports.
But if you have sql knowledge you can go in the database and change the views yourself.

Thanks man

EDIT: Here is what you change the report too.

CREATE VIEW dbo.web30repHDDFreeWorkstations
AS

SELECT TOP 100 PERCENT dbo.tblComputers.Computername AS Computer, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Description, dbo.tblDiskdrives.Caption,
CAST(CAST(dbo.tblDiskdrives.Freespace AS bigint) / 1024 / 1024 AS numeric) AS Free, CAST(CAST(dbo.tblDiskdrives.Size AS bigint)
/ 1024 / 1024 AS numeric) AS [Total size], dbo.tblDiskdrives.Lastchanged AS [Last changed]
FROM dbo.tblComputers INNER JOIN
dbo.tblDiskdrives ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblDiskdrives.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.tblOperatingsystem ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.Web30repAllWorkstations ON dbo.tblComputers.Computername = dbo.Web30repAllWorkstations.Computername
WHERE (dbo.tblDiskdrives.DriveType = '3') AND (CAST(CAST(dbo.tblDiskdrives.Freespace AS bigint) / 1024 / 1024 AS numeric) < 1024) AND
(CAST(CAST(dbo.tblDiskdrives.Size AS bigint) / 1024 / 1024 AS numeric) <> 0) AND (dbo.tblDiskdrives.Caption = 'C:')
ORDER BY CAST(CAST(dbo.tblDiskdrives.Freespace AS bigint) / 1024 / 1024 AS numeric), dbo.tblComputers.Computername, dbo.tblDiskdrives.Caption
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can use all kinds of reports in the dashboard and place them where you want.

To edit this report you need to edit view : web30repHDDFreeWorkstations
Lansweeper wrote:
You can use all kinds of reports in the dashboard and place them where you want.

To edit this report you need to edit view : web30repHDDFreeWorkstations

I am sorry where do I find that?