cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

CISA has ordered federal agencies to mitigate the REC zero-day vulnerabilities affecting Windows and Office before the 8th of August. This gives you just three weeks to implement the mitigations. The vulnerabilities have been exploited in phishing attacks against NATO. The exploited remote code execution vulnerabilities have been collectively tracked as CVE-2023-36884. Microsoft has confirmed that these vulnerabilities have been exploited in cyberattacks against government entities in North America and Europe. The attackers used malicious Office documents impersonating the Ukrainian World Congress organization to target participants of the NATO Summit in Vilnius.

You can find an audit for the Registry key mitigation and more info in this Storm-0978 Attacks Mitigation Audit.

2 Comments
KHoegeman
Engaged Sweeper

I have deployed the registry entries and created the report /query you provided (You can find an audit for the Registry key mitigation and more info in this Storm-0978 Attacks Mitigation Audit.), but the report indicates that none of the registry entries exist.  I can run the scan against 1 Surface Pro several times.  Our server is on version 10.6.0.0.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ken

KHoegeman
Engaged Sweeper

I corrected my error, thanks for the helpful report.

Thanks

Ken

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now