cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BUSD
Engaged Sweeper
From almost the moment I installed LS 4 to the moment I stopped the LS service, the server was taxed at 100% CPU usage with process LSASS taking up about 85% - 90% and lansweeper taking up the rest. SQL server was taking up about 1.4GB of memory as well.

If I start the LS service again, CPU usage goes back up to 100% within 30 seconds of starting. It dips for a bit then sits at 100%. I'm assuming these 100% usages are happening when AD Scanning is going on.

I'm using Windows 2008 x64 (non-R2) with SQL Express 2005, one 2.3 GHZ single core CPU (server is a VM on vSphere), and 4 GB Memory. There are also 21 domains in our network and about ~3k workstations.

LS 3.5.2 would sometimes also tax the server at 100% but not constantly. LS 3.5.2 was running on the same hardware as above.

I'm now going to move the installation to a new VM running 2k3 R2 x86 with four 2.3 GHZ cores to see if that helps.
15 REPLIES 15
loerdy
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
Is the action screen slow while your server is still at 100%

No, but now with only 1 Report in dashboard its really fast
loerdy
Engaged Sweeper
My Problem was Eventlog Scanning. set scanning to -1 and CPU is now between 40% and 60% per Core when scanning ..

SP: Service Pack 2
Memory: 4096 MB
Processor: 4 * Intel Xeon CPU 3.06GHz

Domains = 10
Servers = 200
Workstation ca 2000

callup Actions site needs long time 😞

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
loerdy wrote:

callup Actions site needs long time 😞

Are there any specific new reports you added to the dashboard?
loerdy
Engaged Sweeper

Are there any specific new reports you added to the dashboard?

no, but i have removed all entrys from dashboard, now is very ...

and homesite is ugly 🙂

is it possible to disable the scantime table on actions site?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
@BUSD: how big was the ip range you selected? Did you choose to ignore windows hosts?
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Had the same issue. My problem was IP Range Scanning. I found that splitting the IP Scanning ranges into smaller chucks helped bring down the utilitization.
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...