cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BUSD
Engaged Sweeper
When installing the 4.0 beta, I was unable to have it install to IIS as a new web site. It said it detected that IIS was not running or installed and wanted to do some manual configs for me. As I have 4 other websites running on IIS right now I definitely didn't want that to happen. I tried multiple ports to see if that helped but it didn't.

Using Windows 2008 (non R2) and IIS 7. This is also a Domain Controller. Most likely, once this goes release, I'll be running it on a VM member server with 2k3 R2 installed on it tweaked solely to run LS.

I was able to successfully install the program using it's own web service. For now, I've just set a redirect in IIS where the old 3.5 LS used to run from but I really want AD authentication for accessing the inventory web site.
17 REPLIES 17
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Problem reproduced, will be fixed in next beta.
JasonP
Engaged Sweeper III
Still no joy - I have sent the log file
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try again with the latest beta please.
JasonP
Engaged Sweeper III
OK
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
No, we weren't able to reproduce it.
In the next installer we will have a more detailed logging of what is going on.
JasonP
Engaged Sweeper III
Did this get sorted? I don't seem to see a fix for it in the list for the latest beta.
JasonP
Engaged Sweeper III
I have emailed an export of the registry file.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Maybe you could export the whole registry key, that will be easier to troubleshoot.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If possible could you post an extract from hkey_local_machine\Software\Microsoft\INetStp\Components