cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chada
Engaged Sweeper III
I assume read only rights to AD are needed by the scanning credentials account for the domain in order for Lansweeper to notice new users added to the domain. I noticed none of our new hires are showing up any more. I found lansweeper had domain admin rights on our network and removed it in favor of a server admin account. All of the scanning works but now I am not seeing user AD changes. I have not confirmed yet if I am not seeing computer changes.

I see no errors in the service\errorlog.txt.
3 REPLIES 3
mattgbarnes
Engaged Sweeper
I'm having a similar issue where users are still in the database that have been deleted for months now. Is there a way to rescan AD to clean up this information?
mattgbarnes wrote:
I'm having a similar issue where users are still in the database that have been deleted for months now. Is there a way to rescan AD to clean up this information?

Please note that Lansweeper will not delete any information from your database unless instructed to do so. You can find AD user cleanup options in the Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Servers\Your Server\Options\Scanning & Cleanup Options. If you immediately wish to apply any changes you've made to your cleanup options, restart the Lansweeper service.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Your domain scanning account must have administrative permissions on the client machines and read-only access to active directory. We recommend using a domain admin because this is the easiest way for most customers, but you can choose any account you want.

Are you certain the problem users have been logged into a machine while it was scanned? Users are currently only added to your database if they are found logged into a machine during a scan.