cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paprita
Champion Sweeper
I've installed Lansweeper 3.5 premium for a trial on my network (more than 10k PC).
At the beginning I've enable active scanning and after that the system have discovered more than 2k PC I've disable it, but nothing change: why?

Another thing: I've installed SQL server 2000 and I've noted that memory usage of such process is increasing to a high value (now is almost 1,7 GB); is it normal? How can I reduce it?

PS forgive my language ... I'm not english ... ;-)))

Edit: Ok, I've understood memory problems ... they are not problems ... it's all normal operation ... :-)))
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you disable active scanning:

After the last active scanning process is done, the service stops querying new domaincontrollers for computerlogons.
So no new computers will be added to the scanning queue (unless you use lstrigger or lsclient)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
paprita wrote:
I've enable active scanning and after that the system have discovered more than 2k PC I've disable it, but nothing change:

Could you give some more explanation about this please.
paprita
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
paprita wrote:
I've enable active scanning and after that the system have discovered more than 2k PC I've disable it, but nothing change:

Could you give some more explanation about this please.

Ok

This morning I've started the service with active scanning on "enable" (it's the first scan of my network); after two hours I've "disable" active scanning ... I aspect to see something different but nothing change ... all was working exactly before to disable it ...
So, what the function of active scanning?