cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to add Faronics Deep Freeze Enterprise as an approved AntiVirus? Note: Deep Freeze does not show up as an installed program. I have tried:

DF5%
DF5Srv%
Deep Freeze%
Faronics%

%DF5%
%DF5Srv%
%Deep%
%Faronics%

But no luck. Anybody else use Deep Freeze? Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Ed
5 REPLIES 5
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Sorry I should have posted back sooner, what I ended up doing is adding "Workstation Driver" to the approved list. This is our Data Collection software that is only installed on machines that also run deepfreeze so that solved the problem.

Thanks to all who looked!!
Ed
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
As far as I can see, the antivirus list just checks for name patters from the installed software, so if you don't see it listed as installed software you won't be able to use the LS antivirus check.

While you wait for the addition of a feature to support identification, can you set up a custom scan item to check for the presence of Deep Freeze? Some key file(s) in known locations or known registry key(s)? (Configuration > Custom Scanning to set up) I've had to go that route to verify the presence of some remote support/management software installed on the systems I work with.
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
It is not listed for security reasons. It runs as a service. I see others on here have reported a similar issue, and LS support replied that it was a upcoming feature in the last update, so I assume its possible now, but I don't see any documentation about it.

Sample attached.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
RC62N wrote:
As far as I can see, the antivirus list just checks for name patters from the installed software, so if you don't see it listed as installed software you won't be able to use the LS antivirus check.

This is correct. Anti-virus reports work as follows:
1. Lansweeper looks at the software that was scanned for the machine.
2. Lansweeper compares these software records against a built-in list of known anti-virus software.
3. If a software package installed on a machine is part of the built-in anti-virus list, the machine is deemed to have anti-virus software installed.
RCorbeil
Honored Sweeper II
What SoftwareName value is listed when you run a software report? Or when you select a workstation and choose the list of software installed thereon?