cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmcleod
Engaged Sweeper
I installed Lansweeper 3.5.2 on Windows 7 Enterprise box, with SQL Express - no errors show for the installation of the software or the database. However, after I chose to do an active scan, I am getting this error message....

I installed Lansweeper, service, database all on the same machine.

4/7/2010 11:51:58 AM: Database connection successful, starting up service

4/7/2010 12:12:02 PM: Stopping service

4/7/2010 12:12:04 PM: Database connection successful, starting up service

4/7/2010 12:17:04 PM: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WriteSni()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WritePacket(Byte flushMode)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ExecuteFlush()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteSQLBatch(String text, Int32 timeout, SqlNotificationRequest notificationRequest, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
at LansweeperService.MdlServiceStatus.WriteServiceStatus()

What is causing the problem?
14 REPLIES 14
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I suggest reinstalling SQL if possible.
gmcleod
Engaged Sweeper
I looked in the event log and don't see any error messages but 2 of the messages state...

The DB mirroring protocol transport is disabled or not configured....same for Service Broker.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Any errors in the eventlog for sql server?
gmcleod
Engaged Sweeper
Yes...all on the same machine.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There is a problem with the connection to the database.
Is this a local sql server installation?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now