→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UTi
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, I am trying to configure your software on my server. Due to our network design I cannot run the software on the same server as the database but in the config file I changed the ip address from localhost to the address of the sql server. Here is the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<!-- User application and configured property settings go here.-->
<!-- Example: <add key="settingName" value="settingValue"/> -->
<add key="ConnectionString" value="integrated security=SSPI;data source=&quot;196.4.50.13&quot;;persist security info=False;initial catalog=Lansweeper" />
<add key="ConnectionString" value="data source=&quot;196.4.50.13&quot;;persist security info=True;initial catalog=Lansweeper;user id=lsuser;password=Eawu7iSd" />
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="20" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

Thanks in advance for the help.
4 REPLIES 4
UTi
Engaged Sweeper
Hey, I fixed the problem. The tried the other type of key in the manual and it worked straight away. Cheers for your help guys
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is your sqlserver in mixed authentication (both sql users and windows users?)
You can check other posts about this in the forum
UTi
Engaged Sweeper
ye, when I click on start I get a message box saying "7/5/2005 4:54:48 PM Login Failed for user 'lsuser'. The username is types in correctly and so is the password. I have tried rednt001/lsuser (rednt001 is our domain) so I'm at a loss as to whats wrong.

Any ideas?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can only have one (1) connectionstring.

Do you have a specific problem/error?