cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UTi
Engaged Sweeper
Hey, I got the other problem fixed but now I have a new one. I followed the instructions on the manual but didn't have .net installed and as it's a live server I opted to install .net later. I did all the rest of the steps and it all works apart from the web interface where the error messgate I get is included below. I know your not microsoft support but I have serached all over the web looking for the answer to this and I can't find it and was wondering if you had met this problem before. Thanks for your help guys.

_Error Message from IIS_
"Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC31019: Unable to write to output file 'C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\lansweeper\dac0ac9a\37b65846\go4x3dbp.dll': Access is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: vbc : Line: 0 "

5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ok
UTi
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, I'm back! I found a test server we have that has W3k with IIS so am using that server and it works fine there (well except for another issue but I'll start that in a new thread for that to keep things on topic)

UTi
Engaged Sweeper
Hi again. well I found out that microsoft know about the problem but have deemed not to fix it. So looks like I'm waiting till the next release of .net to fix this bug. If anyone else has this problem here is what they have to say about it:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewbug.aspx?bugid=FDBK10555
UTi
Engaged Sweeper
I had already registered it yes. Any other ideas? All are welcome.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I haven't had this problem before, but have you run
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -i
to register your dotnet extentions?