→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
I am noticing dupe devices again since the update.

39 new devices in the last 7days... i don't recall adding that many 🙂

From what I can see they are mostly detected as webservers and network devices.
these are actually Switches and WAPs that have build in webservers i guess. Most likely I have specified the device type staticly in the old 4.0 lansweeper.

It would be nice if I do not have to clean up the device listing every update...

Is there a way I can avoid this?
6 REPLIES 6
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact support@lansweeper.com if you require further assistance regarding this issue.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Well, Basically to resolve the dupes I had to do the following
Run the report "Device: New devices found in the last 7 days "
got that list of devices IP addresses and type the
IPs into the Assets TAB and deleted the dupes when they showed up.
Then on rescan i seem to only see 1 of the device it seems.

ah well.

Perhaps a suggestion of a feature.

1) MERGE device.... basically some way to take the old device and copy atleast the "firstseen" data and any comments over to the new device and then delete the old entry....

2) how can I make a report to show DUPE ip address 🙂

all seems ok now

Funny enough, it did put them all (the switches) in the "SWITCH" catagory this time instead of Webserver, but it still shows "Authentication Page" as it's asset name. I'll just rename that to something more meaningfull . Perhaps if an asset is discovered and it ends up in the "switch" catagory, ignore the name via HTTP and grab it via snmp ...
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
Yikes, not a practical solution.

many switches and many macs:)

Most likely I will just delete them and let them get re-added ;(

danielm
Champion Sweeper II
ok. i've sent off an email.
I'm starting to think its a problem when a device has multiple interfaces and thus multiple macs. like a switch 🙂
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
danielm wrote:
ok. i've sent off an email.
I'm starting to think its a problem when a device has multiple interfaces and thus multiple macs. like a switch 🙂

The mac address is used as a unique identifier, I suggest adding the other network interface IP addresses to the IP ignore list, this way your switch will be identified uniquely by one IP/MAC address
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following:
- A link to this forum thread.
- Screenshots of some of these duplicates. Please show us all webpages that exist for a single machine.