cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurentiune
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I need to add/edit assets types. For example, I need to add SIM cards, or manually add computers and laptops.
6 REPLIES 6
laurentiune
Engaged Sweeper
great. thanks
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Assign aliases to the fields within your reports. Note that you should NOT rename the fields within your database, as this will break your Lansweeper installation.
laurentiune
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you. I created new assets types.
Another question: may i change the custom fields names on reports from custom1, custom2 etc?
I already changed on new asset page, but i cannot change the names on reports.

Thanks.
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
Not to hijack the thread, but I would like to be able to edit asset types of unscanned objects. For example, we have digital signs around the plant (IP Magic TV's) that I would like to have all in the projectors category, and the drop down has been disabled.

See attached example.

Thanks!!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
RTI_IT wrote:
Not to hijack the thread, but I would like to be able to edit asset types of unscanned objects. For example, we have digital signs around the plant (IP Magic TV's) that I would like to have all in the projectors category, and the drop down has been disabled.

Do you mean you would like to change the asset type of scanned assets? You cannot change a scanned Windows asset's type to a non-Windows type or vice versa. A non-Windows machine may be detected as Windows if:
- Port 135 is open on the machine.
- The machine's operatingSystem attribute in Active Directory is blank or includes the words "Windows" or "Hyper".
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
- You can add asset types under Configuration/Website Management/Asset Mapping.
- You can manually create assets by clicking the Assets link at the top of the web console and hitting the New Asset button on the left.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now