→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lleming
Engaged Sweeper
I uninstall some software and want to see, will Lansweeper reflect changes or not. Already 3rd day past and i dont see any changes in software report. How to enforce Lansweeper to rescan certain CPU?
7 REPLIES 7
lleming
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks a lot 🙂
Problem has been solved.
Service was off due logon failure.

Last questions are:
Did i understand properly?
That on scanning lansweeper will use for access to wmi same credentials as lansweeperservice.exe was launched itself.

So is it right?
I need to add into section "scanning domain credentials" account which is active and have administrative right (which has access to WMI)

And is it right that lansweeper will try to access on scanning:
first under credentials which used to launch lansweeper service.
Then if it will fail, try one by one alternative credential until it will be successful or all of alternative will fail and I will get error in report wmi access fail.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
And is it right that lansweeper will try to access on scanning:
first under credentials which used to launch lansweeper service.
Then if it will fail, try one by one alternative credential until it will be successful or all of alternative will fail and I will get error in report wmi access fail.

Lansweeper looks at the netbios name of the domain or workgroup.
If the name is in the list of alternate credentials, these credentials will be used.
If no alternate credentials are specified for the domain, the lansweepservice.exe user is used.
lleming
Engaged Sweeper

If by this "http://127.0.0.1:9524" you mean Lansweeper Web Console then
I can see last event logged, is dated more then 2 weeks ago.

Is the lansweeper service still running?

How do I check it?t
What name of process or service?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If by this "http://127.0.0.1:9524" you mean Lansweeper Web Console then
I can see last event logged, is dated more then 2 weeks ago.

No, it's something different that shows the queue.

What name of process or service?

lansweeperservice.exe
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can see the scanning queue on http://127.0.0.1:9524 on the server.

Lastseen: last time lansweeper scanned the computer without a problem (rpc, access denied, ...)
lasttried: last time lansweeper tried scanning the computer.

If there are any errors you can see them in the error tab on the computer webpage.

What is Eventlog Scanning:
Event log which is I can find under "Computer management" -> "System Tools" -> "Event Viewer"

Correct

Another thing that confuse me: in section "scanned computers" column "last seen" does not have any date more recent then 2 weeks.

Is the lansweeper service still running?
Do you see any errors on the scanned computers?
lleming
Engaged Sweeper

Full rescan just add a CPU to some queue which is does not have a progress bar or any indicator of current status. And if I close Lansweeper app and open again, queue is empty again. Another thing that confuse me: in section "scanned computers" column "last seen" does not have any date more recent then 2 weeks.
"Last seen" means:
1. Last time then computer was online.
2. Last time then computer was online and Lansweeper have noticed it.
2. Last time then Lansweeper scan computer

What is Eventlog Scanning:
Event log which is I can find under "Computer management" -> "System Tools" -> "Event Viewer"
of it is event log for Lansweeper itself?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The scanning of software is defined by the waittime of "software" in the waittime configuration.
To force a full scan use the "full rescan" action in version 4.1 (or lstrigger in earlier versions)