cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allisondk
Engaged Sweeper
When I try to add data info the system through Lansweeper Configuration, I get this error: Cursor operation conflict. I get this under adding Allowed administrator configuration, Updating Operating system licensing # purchased...... and the list goes on based on inputting data into the database. What do I need to do to correct this issue?
12 REPLIES 12
Allisondk
Engaged Sweeper
Correct. Okay, how can I reinstall the product to a different database on the same database server? I am thinking of uninstalling the product fully, but keeping the old database for historical purposes, then reinstall. What is the cleanest method I can do this. I am thinking if I do this, the old DB would be taken out of the issue, and could be the main problem, considering you get the error when updating the data.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Allisondk wrote:
I am thinking of uninstalling the product fully, but keeping the old database for historical purposes, then reinstall. What is the cleanest method I can do this.

Do the following:
- Stop your SQL Server or detach the lansweeperdb database.
- Copy the Lansweeper database files to a backup location. The database files are called lansweeperdb.mdf and lansweeperdb_log.LDF.
- Perform a new Lansweeper installation. You can uninstall and reinstall or just run the Lansweeper installer and choose New Installation.

We suspect the issue you are experiencing is caused by SQL Server 2000, though we have been unable to reproduce it with our in-house installations.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We're not sure what else to advise. This is the first time this problem has been reported.
Are we correct in assuming that, given where you posted this thread, you did not experience this issue in Lansweeper version 4.0?
Allisondk
Engaged Sweeper
Config and DB server are the same server, so this should not be an issue
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are you accessing the configuration console on the same server where your SQL Server is installed? MDAC should be installed on both servers, your database server and the server where you are accessing the configuration console.
Allisondk
Engaged Sweeper
we have MDAC 2.8 SP2
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) installed on the machine?
(We will close the other thread you've made and continue troubleshooting in this thread, as the two problems appear to be related.)
Allisondk
Engaged Sweeper
We are on the latest Service pack, see image attached.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you have the latest available service pack installed for SQL Server 2000?
Is MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) installed on the machine? This is standard on more recent operating systems.