cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikurnia
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,
Please help me since i am a newbie in Lansweeper 3.1
I tried to install Lansweeper Service and it always comes up with this error message

Lansweeper service install
Error: [SC] StartService: OpenService FAILED 1060:The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

does anyone can help me to solve this out ?

many thanks,

ikurnia
4 REPLIES 4
ikurnia
Engaged Sweeper
Hi pmcnamara,
thanks for the advise.
I already tried to include the domain when login as administrator credential as you suggested, but the service still can't be installed properly.
I still can't find the service running on or even port listening. Currently My server is using Windows 2003 server R2.
is there anything I missed ? pls help.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Thanks pmcnamara, I will update the installer.
pmcnamara
Engaged Sweeper
I found that if that happened then you did not enter your administrator credentials properly. If that happened, then it could not create the service to begin with and therefore it would not be installed as a service.

This happened to me when I entered my administrator creds without specifying a domain. The installer is a bit misleading (because it will "check out OK") and does not clarify that this is necessary.

Credentials in the installation process should be entered as such:

Username: domain/username
Password: password
wmckinn
Engaged Sweeper
I had the same problem exactly; I could find no answers here.

Since the issue could not be resolved, I had to find an alternate solution. I have discovered Spiceworks.com. Their product works great and requires no special configuration. (Oh, and it's free also).

Walt