cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rabid
Engaged Sweeper
I am testing out Lansweeper and have a couple of questions.

The first has to do with Event Log Alerts. I have two machines from my domain added to Lansweeper. One of them I have the event logs scanned every 10 minutes. I then added an alert for a specific error (event id 29). I then force event id 29 to show up using eventcreate on my Windows 2008R2 box. I then receive an email. I create another event id 29 and I then receive two emails. I ended up creating this event 13 times and I got 13 emails. These 13 were not created within the 10 minute span but over an hour. Is this the way it functions? If I set eventlogs to hold for 365 days will I get a ton of emails because it looks thru all the logs? Is there a way to get alerts from just new events?

I just noticed, after creating a custom report for event log errors, that the event id 29 that I created at say 10:01 AM has multiple entries. Is this normal?

I also noticed the time was off for my event logs. The timezone within Windows is set to the same (not sure about the BIOS). Which one matters more? The time is off by two hours.

Nice application and look forward to hopefully purchasing this app!
1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is a known problem that's fixed in this beta:
http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst5038_Lansweeper-4-1-0-21-beta.aspx

The slow scanning could also be caused because the scan queue was large at the time of the eventlog scan.