cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwieszczak
Engaged Sweeper
Im currently running version 4.0.0.36. I only get event log data from the scanning server (LANSweeper server). I have no member server event log data but do have workstation data within LANSweeper. This morning I configured the scheduled Eventlog scanning to scan a ADSI path (Server OU) every 60Mins. I still dont have any data. Am I missing something?
9 REPLIES 9
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
All data is stored in table "tblntlogevent"
dwieszczak
Engaged Sweeper
Is there a report or SQL query I can run to pull all event log data out of the DB?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The data is still in the database, but the summary screen only shows the summary of the last 7 days.
dwieszczak
Engaged Sweeper
It looks like I was exceeding the 4GB limit of SQL Express and once I move the DB to another server with SQL Standard, I now see event from other servers.

Is there a way to hold more than 7 days? It would be nice if I could hold a year or so.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Only errors and warnings from the last 7 days are shown, is it possible that there were none?
You can go to the server and check the last scanned date of the EVENTLOG section (bottom of the action page)
dwieszczak
Engaged Sweeper
But I get events from workstations and not servers so I know the ASDI path is correct. I can also browse the the domain.com UNC path on the lansweeper server which would mean both the domain and a DC is available.
dwieszczak
Engaged Sweeper
The errorlog.txt has a whole bunch of errors or informational messages. Here is one I see quite often - Active directory computer lookup Unknown error (0x80005000).

And I see these - dc=domain,dc=com domain.com The LDAP server is unavailable.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
dwieszczak wrote:

And I see these - dc=domain,dc=com domain.com The LDAP server is unavailable.

This is the cause of your problem.

the adsi path is incorrect
or
domain can't be resulved
or
there is no DC available
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
do you see any errors in the errorlog.txt file?