Engaged Sweeper
Hi.

is there any way that i could make a report for ALL my
SQL 2008 servers, but exclude the server if there is
SQL Express installed
4 REPLIES 4
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Look at this post. This will report all MS-SQL Editions.

http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst5352_Report-for-MS-SQL-Server-Version.aspx
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
MahleTech
Engaged Sweeper
I have found that the SQL Server will have a Registry Key and the SQL Express won't.

I'm curious if there is a way to find this thru reporting even if a custom build to find the registry key for certain software programs .

I can go thru each computer that is showing SQL, and check to see if it has a key but if there was a way to run a report to show sql and a key , it would save a lot of time..

I'm sure it could be run on other software programs also that require a key but may have a waterdown version installed.

Patrik_Felix
Engaged Sweeper
ok, thanx
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Unfortunately, Microsoft has made it extremely difficult to differentiate between various SQL Server editions.

This information is not included in the software name and cannot be scanned through the registry. There is currently no way for Lansweeper to differentiate between Express, Standard, Enterprise or other SQL Server editions.

General report for finding SQL Server 2008 installations:

Select tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain, tblSoftware.softwareName, tblSoftware.softwareVersion,
tblSoftware.SoftwarePublisher, tblSoftware.Installdate,
tblSoftware.Lastchanged
From tblComputers Inner Join
tblSoftware On tblComputers.Computername = tblSoftware.ComputerName
Where tblSoftware.softwareName Like '%SQL Server 2008%'
Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique, tblSoftware.softwareName