cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITGuy
Engaged Sweeper
Hello Lansweeper Developers :-),
Hi. First let me say that the Lansweeper application has really impressed me -- the demo page looks awesome and I think it stands above the various other software / hardware inventorying applications out there. The only drawback is that it is killer to set up (or maybe it is just me :w) ). I can get the web interface displays the client name, but the only values in the web console are only errors that read, "The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)" and "The network path was not found." I have been trying to fix this for two days with no success. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here is my configuration, and thank-you in advance.

Sincerely,
Kenneth

When I run the Lswinap.exe file (while making sure that the lsservice service is off), I can see the status field change from "Idle" to "LOGON updated (0.0625)" in the Lansweeper Server screen. The Computer Name appears in the Lansweeper Console, but the only thing that appears are Extra -> Errors. So I turn on the service so that I can focus on the client. My server is in a workgroup. I have been trying to get this to work by running lsclient on another workstation. Then, for troubleshooting purposes, I tried to run both the service and client on the same server. I still end up with the same error.

Extra -> Errors: _______________________________
BIOS The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) 01-Aug-2006 4:14:13 PM
BATTERY The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) 01-Aug-2006 4:14:08 PM
BASEBOARD The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) 01-Aug-2006 4:14:04 PM
PROCESS The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) 01-Aug-2006 4:13:59 PM
FLOPPY The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA) 01-Aug-2006 4:13:55 PM
…
NOTE: This process continues for a total of 62 different ScanItems. Of these, 6 items (SOFTWARE, REGISTRY, IEBHO, IEBARS, IEEXT, IEACTIVEX) have the errors that read, "The network path was not found."

MSSQL SERVER IP: 10.12.30.62
CLIENT INSTALL: lsclient.exe 10.12.30.62
LSSERVICE USER NAME: lsuser // NOTE: lsuser is in the "Administrator" group // ALSO: lscanner is also in the "Administrator" group
MSSQL SERVER DATABASE ACCOUNTS: lsuser and lsscanner
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 2000 Server
PASSWORDS: The Windows lsuser and lsscanner accounts, and the MSSQL lsuser and lsscanner accounts all use the same password.

LSservice.exe.config: __________________________
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<!-- User application and configured property settings go here.-->
<!-- Example: <add key="settingName" value="settingValue"/> -->
<add key="ConnectionString" value="integrated security=SSPI;data source=&quot;127.0.0.1&quot;;persist security info=False;initial catalog=Lansweeper" />
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="10" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

web.config: __________________________________
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_HANDLER_Lansweeper" value="sqlserver.htm" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=127.0.0.1;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper;User ID=lsuser;Password=lsuser" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Lansweeper" value="SQLServer" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_Lansweeper" value="" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_CATALOG_Lansweeper" value="" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

10 REPLIES 10
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Actually, there is only one developer : me 🙂

This problem is caused by the pc's scanned being inaccessible, this is mostly caused by windows XP SP2 firewall.
You need to allow remote management for the windows xp firewall (or switch it off :))