cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SH
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I installed the new LS versionen (update from 4.2 was not possible somehow) and now i'm trying to setup my custom reports (Server: HDD Spaces, Server: Erros&Warnigs last 3 days). Unfortunately I can't create those reports or I didnt find the menu for it.

Another question. Sicne I tried to save my old LS 4.2 installation I couldn't use my main SQL Server. Is it possible to migrate the lansweeperdb.sdf to the SQL Server and where are the connection settings for LS to connect to the DB?

best regards
SH
3 REPLIES 3
SH
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
SH wrote:
update from 4.2 was not possible somehow

Could you clarify what you mean by this. What happened when you tried to update your existing Lansweeper 4.2 installation to 5.0?

The installation finished and after I tried to open the Website I got the emssage that no SQL connection was possible to the database (tried it 2 times, with backup and Hyper-V Snapshot)
Lansweeper wrote:
[
SH wrote:
Sicne I tried to save my old LS 4.2 installation I couldn't use my main SQL Server.

Could you clarify what you mean by this. SQL Server is still supported as a database backend for Lansweeper 5.0.

I couldn't use it since there is still a database called lansweeperdb for Version 4.2
Lansweeper wrote:
[
SH wrote:
Is it possible to migrate the lansweeperdb.sdf to the SQL Server and where are the connection settings for LS to connect to the DB?

Lansweeperdb.sdf is an SQL Server Compact database file. You cannot migrate SQL Server Compact files to SQL Server.

Sad. So I have to try to upgrade from 4.2 to 5.0 again and hope it will work.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
SH wrote:
The installation finished and after I tried to open the Website I got the emssage that no SQL connection was possible to the database (tried it 2 times, with backup and Hyper-V Snapshot)

Could you contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with the following:
- Any install logs present in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Install folder on your Lansweeper server.
- Screenshot of what you see when you try to access the web console. Please show us your entire browser window.

SH wrote:
I couldn't use it since there is still a database called lansweeperdb for Version 4.2

The Lansweeper 5.0 installer will update your existing database, just like with any other update.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
SH wrote:
update from 4.2 was not possible somehow

Could you clarify what you mean by this. What happened when you tried to update your existing Lansweeper 4.2 installation to 5.0?

SH wrote:
Unfortunately I can't create those reports or I didnt find the menu for it.

Under Dashboard, select All Reports and then hit the New Report button to start building a new report.

SH wrote:
Sicne I tried to save my old LS 4.2 installation I couldn't use my main SQL Server.

Could you clarify what you mean by this. SQL Server is still supported as a database backend for Lansweeper 5.0.

SH wrote:
Is it possible to migrate the lansweeperdb.sdf to the SQL Server and where are the connection settings for LS to connect to the DB?

Lansweeperdb.sdf is an SQL Server Compact database file. You cannot migrate SQL Server Compact files to SQL Server.