cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wavin
Engaged Sweeper
Hello ,

one of my PC give me this error :

WMI access denied : (Eccezione da HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) but ONLY when I log in on the PC with a normal user (not administrator ).
If I log on with an administrator account everything works.

I tried also to run the WMI Diagnose tools , but I didn't receive any error.

Can you help me ?

8 REPLIES 8
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Alternate credentials is a premium only feature.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you check if different policies are applied when you log on with a different user?
(try gpresult, rsop.msc)
Lansweeper wrote:
Did you check if different policies are applied when you log on with a different user?
(try gpresult, rsop.msc)

I talked this over with my college and he thinks that there maybe some isues that the server where I run this tool on does not have the right permission for WMI access. Is there a way to give lansweeper alternative credentials in the free version or is that only a feature in the premium version?

I will try some things in a virtual test domain so I can make sure this is the problem, I will let you know the result. Thanks for the help so far 🙂
nd_de_kleijn
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same problem. I can scan a computer when I am logged in with a adminstrator account but I can't scan it when I login as a normal user. Is this a defective in the program? WMI Diagnostics show no errors.
nd.de.kleijn wrote:
I have the same problem. I can scan a computer when I am logged in with a adminstrator account but I can't scan it when I login as a normal user. Is this a defective in the program? WMI Diagnostics show no errors.

Could you try the connectiontester from the server to the client on both fqdn, computername and ipaddress please.

You do mean this right?
"I'm logged on to the client computer with administrator and it works"
"I'm logged on to the client computer with a normal computer and it fails"
Lansweeper wrote:
nd.de.kleijn wrote:

Could you try the connectiontester from the server to the client on both fqdn, computername and ipaddress please.

You do mean this right?
"I'm logged on to the client computer with administrator and it works"
"I'm logged on to the client computer with a normal computer and it fails"

Remote WMI test
-----------------------------------------------
\root\cimv2 Remote WMI access test FAILED
Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Remote Registry test using WMI
-----------------------------------------------
\root\default Remote WMI access test FAILED
Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Is the result with connection tester. Followed all the steps on the knowledgebase articel concerning this error.

Yes I do mean that, with administrator account it works (also works when I use alternative credentials in connection tester) but normal user (without admin rights) doesn't work.

edit: fqdn, computername and ipaddress give the same error
wavin
Engaged Sweeper
No we don't have any Group Policy for our PCs. I checked also with "gpresult".

Is there any other possible reason of this beahvior ?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you have a user Group Policy for this computer?
You can use the command "gpresult" to check.