cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bulwinkle
Engaged Sweeper
My situation is:
3 servers
server #1 SQL server 2005 sp2 hosting the lansweeper database (not named lansweeperdb but just lansweeper)
server #2 Webserver hosting the website (along with other IIS sites using hostnames)
server #3 monster processor server running lansweeper pro service (from the old 3.0 ugraded to 3.5)

my question is I have tried to upgrade the DB it did complete but with errors. when I try to install only the website using the latest Setup.exe it installs the service on the webserver where I do not want it, and a new DB named lansweeperdb so I can't connect to my old data.

If I try to install the service on server#3 I get the error "to have mutiple scanning servers you must have enterprise license. do you?"
I click no and then can't install the service where I want.

I have had to restore the original DB to before the upgrade script, and now cant get the service to run on server #3 nor can I uninstall the new website or service from server #2.
please help i need this to work either as 4.0 or 3.5
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Try the following

-Backup the database
-Rename the database to "lansweeperdb"
-Upgrade the database using the upgradescript found in the forum (upgrade sql.sql)
-run the installer on the service server, select new installation and select only the service to install, point to the existing database.
-run the installer on the web server, select new installation and select only the website to install, point to the existing database.
-Run the installer again, it will detect the outdated database and will upgrade it.
Bulwinkle
Engaged Sweeper
ok so i tried to run the setup on the SQL 2005 sp2 server (w2k3)
it did not reconize the existing DB (Lansweeper) and installed a New DB (lansweeperdb)
i would like to upgrade the existing DB (that has all of my Data in it)
my question is:
1. Do i need to change the DB name to match the newly installed DB and remove the newly created one first?
2. if i run the upgrade sql.txt that i found in the forum will i have to create new logins for the access account that is found in the web.config and lansweeperserver.config?

history on the current DB started out at ver 3.0 upgraded to 3.2 then to 3.5.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1) run the installer on the database server, it will detect the database and tries to upgrade it.
2) run the installer on the service server, select new installation and select only the service to install, point to the existing database.
3) run the installer on the web server, select new installation and select only the website to install, point to the existing database.
Bulwinkle
Engaged Sweeper
ok so i got every thing working back to 3.5

so when i upgrade to 4.0 how do i tell the install to only install the website or the service on the respective servers and is there an order that needs to be done? like:
1. upgrade db (do i need to rename it? and Create a login for the default user that is now specified in the lansweeperservice.config? also)?
2. install service only on server #3 (Monster Processor server)?
3. install website only on server #2 (webserver)?

should this work as listed or is there somthing extra or else that needs to be done?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please post the exact errors that you get when upgrading or mail us lansweeper@hemoco.com