→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinoie
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi. Can you let me know the best way to search for different versions of Internet Explorer?? I am trying to run a report to see what version of IE is on the computers on our network. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kev..
4 REPLIES 4
kevinoie
Engaged Sweeper III
My Apologies... Didnt see that the first time. That does the job for me. Thanks a million for your help.. Much appreciated..

Kevin
kevinoie
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for that. Is there any way I can search for versions older than IE7? This report only shows me PC's with IE 7 & 8. I would like to see if i can search for versions that came as part of the OS.. I know I have some older devices with IE 5 and 6 but These are not showing up in any software report for individual devices.

Many Thanks,

Kevin
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Kev1969 wrote:
I would like to see if i can search for versions that came as part of the OS.. I know I have some older devices with IE 5 and 6 but These are not showing up in any software report for individual devices.

For info on finding IE installations that are not listed under Add/Remove Programs, please refer to the forum thread linked in our previous post.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A general report for IE installations within your network can be found below.
Select tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain, tblSoftware.softwareName, tblSoftware.softwareVersion,
tblSoftware.SoftwarePublisher, tblSoftware.Installdate,
tblSoftware.Lastchanged
From tblComputers Inner Join
tblSoftware On tblComputers.Computername = tblSoftware.ComputerName
Where tblSoftware.softwareName Like '%windows internet explorer%'
Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique

Some IE versions are being delivered to some operating systems as "updates" however, not as "programs". They will therefore not be detected by software scanning. For more info on finding these particular installations, please refer to this forum thread.