cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjphelan
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm working with the asset import (great for our Mobile Phone Fleet ;o)

At the moment I cant work out for sure if there is a field in the import routine that will allow me to map an asset to a user during said import.

I'm using Build 5.1.0.21 the release candidate.

If not can we add this?

Since Lansweeper is scanning AD for users it should already know the Username, and within the Import file we can already set the domain so it should at least in theory be possible ;o)

I also noted wile manually setting up relationships, the same user can have the same relationship twice... for example I can make DeviceX "Owned By" Username twice.

Many Thankyous 😉

4 REPLIES 4
mjphelan
Engaged Sweeper II
Ahh, now that makes sense ;o)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can add dates to relationships, which allows you to keep a history. (This feature was added in the latest beta.) That is why the same user relationship can be defined multiple times for the same asset. This behavior will not be changed. You can configure something like this for instance:
- 11/27/2013: device A is owned by user A.
- 11/28/2013: device A is owned by user B.
- 11/29/2013: device A is owned by user A again.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
mjphelan wrote:
At the moment I cant work out for sure if there is a field in the import routine that will allow me to map an asset to a user during said import.

Not currently, no. We have added this feature request to our customer wish list.

mjphelan wrote:
I also noted wile manually setting up relationships, the same user can have the same relationship twice... for example I can make DeviceX "Owned By" Username twice.

This is expected behavior, as you may want to do the following:
- Mark device A as owned by user A.
- Mark device A as owned by user B.
- Mark device A as owned by user A again.
mjphelan
Engaged Sweeper II
Lansweeper wrote:

mjphelan wrote:

This is expected behavior, as you may want to do the following:
- Mark device A as owned by user A.
- Mark device A as owned by user B.
- Mark device A as owned by user A again.

Surely though this way Device A would be owned then by two people at the same time (one of them twice) - Only one person can "own" a device, multiple can "use" a device it is true, and one person can own one device once...

If a device changes owner I would expect to remove Person A from the ownership and add person B.

it is possible I might have a different owner and user of a device (indeed we have this situation for many mobile devices)