cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcraig
Engaged Sweeper
We are currently evaluating Lansweeper Premium for our network, but I have a few questions.

1) What happens if a machine is reloaded on the domain. Are we able to see the old information?

2) Can we have alerts on if software is under license compliance. IE we have more installs than license.

3) Does it scan users as they connect over our vpn tunnel? (Currently they vpn'in using the cisco vpn)
7 REPLIES 7
wcraig
Engaged Sweeper
Additionally...
By reloaded I mean we wipe the machine and reinstall. IE user is infected with malware. We reload windows and the OS and then reload the applications. At the point that we reload windows will a new scan kick off and not see the old software that was installed. (IE office)?
This is more so that I can update our helpdesk procedures to comply with lansweeper if we purchase it.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
wcraig wrote:
Additionally...
By reloaded I mean we wipe the machine and reinstall. IE user is infected with malware. We reload windows and the OS and then reload the applications. At the point that we reload windows will a new scan kick off and not see the old software that was installed. (IE office)?
This is more so that I can update our helpdesk procedures to comply with lansweeper if we purchase it.

The best method is to use lstrigger after a reload, this forces a complete refresh of all scanned items.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The ip scanning in the beta is currently limited to once a day.
wcraig
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
The ip scanning in the beta is currently limited to once a day.

What about with the active directory. My worry here is that our road warriors are not going to get scanned. Since this is over half of our company it would be a problem. There is no telling when they will be on our network or not.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
wcraig wrote:

What about with the active directory. My worry here is that our road warriors are not going to get scanned. Since this is over half of our company it would be a problem. There is no telling when they will be on our network or not.

I suggest a startup script when the vpn launches that triggers lsclient.
Lsclient is no real client, it just sends a message to the service "please scan me" and stops working.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni

1) What happens if a machine is reloaded on the domain. Are we able to see the old information?

What exactly do you mean with "reloaded"?

2) Can we have alerts on if software is under license compliance. IE we have more installs than license.
Version 4 (beta) supports e-mail alerts

3)  Does it scan users as they connect over our vpn tunnel?  (Currently they vpn'in using the cisco vpn)

Version 4.0 (beta) supports the lsclient /scanonip switch for this or scheduled ip range scanning.
wcraig
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:

What exactly do you mean with "reloaded"?

Version 4 (beta) supports e-mail alerts

3)  Does it scan users as they connect over our vpn tunnel?  (Currently they vpn'in using the cisco vpn)

Version 4.0 (beta) supports the lsclient /scanonip switch for this or scheduled ip range scanning.

We would like to keep this agentless so just so I am clear we could schedule a scan of a subnet every 15 minutes and it should pickup anyone in that subnet correct?
Also what if it is on a active directory. We are looking at the pro version?