cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, I stumbled upon an interesting bug or at least maybe this is the way it is designed.

I’ll explain by example. Let’s say I have two laptops.

One is WS123-BOB which connected to the LAN on 3/17/2010 and Lansweeper ran a full scan (via active scanning). Here are the specifics:

Name: WS123-BOB
IP: 10.40.1.234
FQDN: WS123-BOB.mycompany.com

The other laptop is WS345-JANE which connected via our VPN on 3/15/2010 and IP Range Scanning found it and scanned it. Here are the specifics:

Name: WS345-JANE
IP: 145.199.193.36
FQDN: WS345-JANE.mycompany.com

For two weeks neither laptop connects to the network either physically on the LAN or via VPN.

Today WS123-BOB connects via VPN and is assigned IP 145.199.193.36 (same IP WS345-JANE had two weeks earlier).

I manually run lstrigger.exe from a CMD prompt to scan IP 145.199.193.36 and in the errorlog.txt it returns the message:

4/1/2010 1:06:26 PM: PROD\145.199.193.36\1 : Lstrigger only works for computers that are already in the database

WS123-BOB is in the database, just not with this IP. Is this the way it was designed or am I missing something?

Would the IP range scanning do the same thing, or would it actually pick up on this?

After this experience, I manually ran lsclient.exe on this machine with the /scanonip parameter and a scan was properly initiated. Now the entry for WS123-BOB changed to IP 145.199.193.36.

Thanks
Sebouh
4 REPLIES 4
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, dissappointing. I was hoping to find a way to schedule scans on one specific subnet more frequently than once per day.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Like I said: You can't lstrigger an ip address, only a hostname.
sebouh
Engaged Sweeper
Strange, I'm sure it worked for a machine I know was on the network via VPN. I saw updated scan information. Perhaps it was already in the database with that IP.

Here is the syntax:

"C:\Program Files\Lansweeper\Actions\lstrigger.exe" dev-server.mydomain.com 192.168.1.141 MYDOMAIN

Thanks
Sebouh
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post the syntax you used for lstrigger please.

You can't lstrigger an ip address, only a hostname.