cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnelson
Engaged Sweeper III
I've had some problems with commands, with various computers that usually had nothing in common. Different segments, different vendors, different OS, etc. However, I just noticed a trend that many of them have software from National Instruments installed.

National Instruments makes software and hardware for engineering and testing, so its expected and needed in our environment. Is anyone else seeing something similar, specifically with NI-DAQ drivers installed? If so, have you found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Joe
4 REPLIES 4
jnelson
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you. I'll adjust my environment and do some more testing.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please have a look at our online documentation, page 55 and beyond, for the premium tool requirements. We suspect some requirements are not met. Our online documentation can be found here
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Which commands give problems?
What is the exact error?
jnelson
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
Which commands give problems?
What is the exact error?

Most every one of the remote functions fail. The errors range from RPC unavailable, WMI unavailable, Computer unavailable, etc. However, everything is configured via GPO and/or I have manually go to the machine to verify such. When trying to open C$ or Admin$, it will just fail and default me to my 'My Documents' folder, but other functions, like remote screenshot, will work.

I've attached a couple of pics to show two errors, same machine, even though Lansweeper isn't otherwise reporting errors (no errors tab)

Its all a bit random, and given some of the issues we've had over time with National Instruments software, I'm not all that surprised. We also don't run Windows Updates on most of the affected units, for stability reasons.

I know the Lansweeper team can't account for every piece of software out there, so I was hoping someone in the community who is also using this software may have seen this.