cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shivendu_pandey
Engaged Sweeper
Hello community,

I have just upgraded to version 5.0.0.81 but my ip range scanning is not working.Although i can see all my submitted ip ranges in the scanning queue but the processing of those is not happening

Thanks for any help in advance,
Shivendu

7 REPLIES 7
shivendu_pandey
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Team,
Thanks for the help.
I have got one more question--can using the No Ping option in IP range scanning will affect my network bandwidth as lansweeper may then consume more bandwidth for scanning?
Is it good to use this functionality? If enabled, what will be its consequences on my network?
shivendu.pandey wrote:
Hi Team,
Thanks for the help.
I have got one more question--can using the No Ping option in IP range scanning will affect my network bandwidth as lansweeper may then consume more bandwidth for scanning?
Is it good to use this functionality? If enabled, what will be its consequences on my network?

We advise against enabling No Ping. Lansweeper will try to scan all IP addresses in the IP range, regardless of whether or not they can be pinged. Checking this option will slow down scanning.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Yes, your threads need to be set (and are set by default) to something other than 0. Why did you set your IP threads to 0? As explained on the Server Options page:

Computer threads = number of simultaneous computer scans
IP threads = number of simultaneous IP address scans

If you set these values to 0, no scanning will take place. Your computer threads should be between 1 and 50 and your IP threads between 1 and 20. Note that changing your computer/IP threads requires a service restart.
shivendu_pandey
Engaged Sweeper
Hi Team,
I just want to know is it necessary to put IP Threads to some value in configurations/server options/service options for IP Range scanning to work.In my case that value is 0.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please send screenshots of the problem to support@lansweeper.com
shivendu_pandey
Engaged Sweeper
No,I am using Enterprise - unlimited clients version.
Is there any limit for this version also.As i mentioned earlier also, I can see the submitted IP ranges in the scanning queue but the process is not working.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com
If you are using the standard version, please check if you are not above the asset limit (250/750)