→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please tell us what you like about version 5.0 and what you don't like or any changes you would like to see.
33 REPLIES 33
pcwhiz
Engaged Sweeper
We are currently running 4.2.0.82 and I wanted to add support for Server 2012. I ran across this RC version and wanted to upgrade to this since there is so many new features. My hesitation is we have other systems importing data based on the tables/fields. After reading the upgrade info its not really clear to me as to the impact this upgrade will have on the database tables/fields.

Can you please clarify? Is there any tables/fields changing names or field types etc?

thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
pcwhiz wrote:

Can you please clarify? Is there any tables/fields changing names or field types etc?

Yes, I suggest a separate installation first to test everything.
wesd0yle
Engaged Sweeper II
Is v.5039 still Beta? The Beta tag is missing from version field.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
wesd0yle wrote:

It's a release candidate
Kboyer
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
wesd0yle wrote:

It's a release candidate

Well Done to the Lansweeper Team.
loerdy
Engaged Sweeper
Please make the columns in Report Builder resizable.

great work!!!!
With a truly professional team!

best regards,
loerdy!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
loerdy wrote:
Please make the columns in Report Builder resizable.

The report builder is a third party component, this will be difficult to accomplish.
ifm
Champion Sweeper
First impression is that it looks like a lot of new features to be looked at when I got the time for it. However, I am still missing a proper Software License manager where I can add a license to a target computer. For example, we have some software, like anti-virus and office for certain number of computers, but other software like Photoshop are purchased on a need basis and are locked to one computer.
I would like to get better control over these licenses to see that users with local admin does not install licensed software with no registered license.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ifm wrote:
However, I am still missing a proper Software License manager where I can add a license to a target computer. For example, we have some software, like anti-virus and office for certain number of computers, but other software like Photoshop are purchased on a need basis and are locked to one computer.
I would like to get better control over these licenses to see that users with local admin does not install licensed software with no registered license.

Can you contact us by e-mail to discuss this feature please.