cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digum
Engaged Sweeper
I installed the Free/Trail version of Lansweeper on a domain-controlled WIndows XP box. I checked the box marked "No SQL Server available" during the install, and the Lansweeper installer downloaded and installed Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Express version, I assume). The install completed, and Lansweeper appears to be functioning.

Now I want to modify its configuration. I went to Start -> All Programs -> Lansweeper -> Lansweeper Configuration and got a pop-up labeled "Lansweeper configuration utility". In the pop-up,

The Server field lists my PC name\SQLLANSWEEPER
The Database field contains lansweeperdb
and "Use integrated authentication" is checked

When I click on "Log in" I get the message "Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection".

If I uncheck "Use integrated authentication", the pop-up expands to show:

SQL user, containing the value lansweeperuser
and Password, which is blank

Clicking on "Log in" gives me the message "Login failed for user 'lansweeperuser'".

I have not been able to provide a login and password that gives me access to the Lansweeper Configuration Utility. I've tried the login and password I provided when I went through the Lansweeper setup, as well as other guesses, including leaving the password blank.

Can anyone suggest a solution for accessing the Lansweeper Configuration Utility?
2 REPLIES 2
digum
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you! That solved my problems completely.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can find the password in http://www.lansweeper.com/documentation.pdf page 10