cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdirkx
Engaged Sweeper
I have a question whats the normal size of the lansweeper database whit plus minus 500 machines.

Whe have now plus minus 500 machines in the databse and where still growing up because whe have more than one location and not al of our lacations are scand.

The databse size is now 4gb is that normal?

Greetings
Bart Dirkx
11 REPLIES 11
Andre_G
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the quick response.

I had one more question which I forgot to ask.

Is Lansweeper supported under MS Windows 2008 server 32 or 64bit or only Win2003 server?

Andre
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Andre.G wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.

I had one more question which I forgot to ask.

Is Lansweeper supported under MS Windows 2008 server 32 or 64bit or only Win2003 server?

Andre

Both are supported
Andre_G
Engaged Sweeper
I am not sure if anyone on this forum has attempted to scan over 30,000 assets on their network but in my past attempt with ver 3.5 is has been extremely slow in rendering the dashboard webpage as-well-as the workstation inventory under my domain. My datacentre guru wants me to provide more information on the server specifications when we attempt a full rebuild of Lansweeper on a new server.

What I need more clarification on are the processor speeds and memory requirements from a scalable perspective. So for instance, how much memory/cpu is required to actively scan 1000 workstations?

As a licensed Premium user, do I need to upgrade to the Enterprise now or can I do that later depending on the requirements of the questions above?

Thanks again for all your help.

Andre
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
As a licensed Premium user, do I need to upgrade to the Enterprise now or can I do that later depending on the requirements of the questions above?

You can do this later.

Version 4 has an integer primary key on the tables compared to the old varchar key this is much faster.
For 30000 computers the dashboard can be slow depending on the types of reports you need on the dashboard. Your database guru can tweak the indexes needed to speed up the reports you make.
If you need the report only occasionally, leave it off the dashboard.

Lansweeper service requirements:
Memory: not much, 100-200 MB max depending on the amount of threads you run.
multiple cores/processors allows you to use more threads in a faster way.
In your situation I would recommend a dedicated scanning server (or multiple, this can be tweaked later)

Database requirements:
For everything: more is better.
Memory,CPU,Diskspeed.

To speed up everything I would enable only the items needed (some items are already disabled by default, dcomapplications,proxy,...)
Andre_G
Engaged Sweeper
How do I set the scanning to "-1" on versions 3.5 & 4.0?

Andre
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Andre.G wrote:
How do I set the scanning to "-1" on versions 3.5 & 4.0?
Andre

In version 3.5 this isn't available.
In version 4 open the configuration tool and go to "wait times"
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
For 30.000 machines you will have a big database if you scan everything.
About 1GB per 1000 computers.
eventlog entries take the most space, if you don't need this you can set the scanning to "-1" to save a huge amount of space.

For sql server performance:
Multiple processors/cores
Enough memory.

For lansweeper service performance:
Multiple processors/cores allows you to use more threads.
Andre_G
Engaged Sweeper
I am about to set this up in my environment and our inventory is just over 30,000 computers.

With the new version of LANsweeper, what would be the best configuration/licensing we should consider when deploying this solution.

Currently, I am running ver3 on a VM box with MS SQL 2005. I can tell you that it is crawling when trying to access the website for workstation querying.

looking forward to some advise on system configuration for both LANsweeper and SQL 2005.
bdirkx
Engaged Sweeper
Ok we whil change this setting but for performance and maintance whe have set teh database on Full.

I will post the results

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now