cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
Okay Lansweeper from what ican see in functioning correctly. It is just simply not collecting data. I also notice that there is a way to schedule scans, but it only allows me to enter in one computer name at a time. Is there a way to import my Active Directory list of computers?

Thanks,
Niles
15 REPLIES 15
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
Okay. configure three new servers all running Windows Server 2003 R2 w/SP2. I followed the instruction three time double checking everything. I still cannot get Lansweeper PRO to function. this time around I am unble to browse the web site locally or remotely.

Any updates on the automated installer? I would really like to get his up and running soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
4/11/2008 1:04:15 PM
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "Lansweeper" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'lssqluser'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at Lansweeper30.starter.startsweeper()

Thanks,
Niles
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm working on an automated installer (still has some issues but should be ready for testing in a couple of weeks)
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
Any thoughts on this. I followed the post that you sent, but nothing seems to correct the issue. Now the LansweeperPRO web site is broken. All pages show nothing but code. There has to be a better way to set this up and configure LansweeperPRO. To many steps that create a greater margin for error. I thin my next step is to wipe and reload from scratch.

Very frustrated,
Niles
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Then the problem is probably that TCPIP/named pipes are not enabled
Maybe check this thread http://forum.lansweeper.com/yaf_postst358_Having-Issues-with-Connecting-to-SQL.aspx
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
Yes SQL Express 2005. I am able to login to SQL MSE console using lssqluser.

Lansweeper30.exe.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=canwds02;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper;User ID=lssqluser;Password=Password1" />
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="10" />
<add key="ListenPort" value="9524" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are you using sql2005?

This is also documented in the documentation.
You need to configure your sql server to allow Tcpip/named pipes, ...
There are also some other users in the forum with this problem.

Could you also post your config file please.
Are you ablo to login into the sql console using the lssqluser?
nilesf
Engaged Sweeper
Some progreess. I think. Now I am getting this following.

4/7/2008 2:33:25 PM
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at Lansweeper30.starter.startsweeper()
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Step1 : create an sql user (lssqluser)
Step2 : make this user owner of the lansweeper database (screenshots in the documentation)
Step3 : change your config file.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "Lansweeper" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'nfosteradmin'.

Check your connectionstring in the lansweeper30.exe.config, you cannot connect to the database.