cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm currently running version 4.1.0.11 Lansweeper premium against hosted on a window server 2008 R2 box against SQL Express 2008.

We've recently replaced all our end user equipment with brand new Windows 7 devices. Since moving to the new equipment I'm seeing an issue where Lansweeper isn't reporting the last logged in user on some devices.

The problem is according to lansweeper some users have never logged into a Windows 7 computer which I know is false.

We didn't have this issue with the Windows XP machine. The problem is all our machine are the same model computer imaged with exactly the same image so if it doesn't work for one it shouldn't work for any.

The other piece of information is that I could understand this if we just replaced the equipment, but it's been 3weeks - 1month and I'm stills seeing this problem.

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on what the cause is.

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Only admin logons can be scanned in Windows 2000. There is currently no way around this. Are you still experiencing this issue in XP and other OS versions, not just Windows 2000?

Are you sure the machines are being scanned when the user is actually logged on? This is how logon data is collected. To troubleshoot, could you perform a Full Rescan of an affected non-Windows 2000 machine while it is on and logged into. Verify that the "Last seen" date for the machine changes, then check the logon info under Config/User Info/Last Logon.
gmitrana
Engaged Sweeper
Upgrade performed.

I have not checked the existing custom reports but noticed that user info is not accuratelly recorded in "Computers logged onto" page.

Actually the info displayed in "Computers logged onto" gives the information recorded in June/July 2011 and not recent info, even if the user is currently logged on.

Is there a way to solve this? Or to return to a previous version of LS?

The issue mentioned for Win2000 is still occurring on the new LS version?

Edit: added current version details

Database schema: 16
Website version: 4025
Sql 4.2.0.48

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There should be no risk of losing custom reports when updating from 4.1 to 4.2. There were some issues with this in the past during major upgrades, but the 4.2 upgrade is not that invasive. Version 4.2 handles user logging somewhat differently and may resolve the issue you are experiencing. We always recommend performing a database backup before applying updates.

There is a known problem with Windows 2000. Only administrators logins can be recorded, others cannot. The same issue occurs in some versions of XP. There is no way around this unfortunately.
gmitrana
Engaged Sweeper
Please note that the beta version cannot be installed, if there is a risk that some of the custom reports will no longer work, as it happened on a previous upgrade (don't recall which one and we had to recreate them...)

Thanks
gmitrana
Engaged Sweeper
The same issue here, the last user is most of the time not properly recorded.
It seems that a computer administrator is properly recorded but not a standard user.

I am talking about users on Windows 2000 OS, XP and Server 2003.
This issuea appeared after one of the recent updates.

The last user logged is not refreshed even with triggerscan, rescan, full rescan...

Database schema: 13
Website version: 4021
Sql 4.1.0.29

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You are running an old version of Lansweeper. Could you try installing our latest beta, which will have its official release soon? You can find it here.

Make sure to create a backup of your Lansweeper database before applying any updates.