cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gdavid
Champion Sweeper
I just installed Lansweeper 4.0 and so far so good. I am trying to import some data from Remedy to Lansweeper periodically. I know this will require some sql connection between the databases. Can anyone shed some light on how to proceed?

I already have ODBC setup to remedy for various vbscripts i've written to pull data. I guess i need to know how to query the data via sql and insert it into lansweeper tables.

(I'm not a SQL guru, but I get by).

thanks

GD
5 REPLIES 5
gdavid
Champion Sweeper
Success. I have an SSIS package that will take my remedy table with all computer info and put it into an new table i created underneath the lansweeperDB. I then do a lookup based on hostnames, and insert the lansweeper computername (not really a name but an ID) into the remedy table. now i can run reports based on my remedy status of hardware!

Question, can i change the status IDs and Names to match my remedy IDs / Names to make life simpler? Are those fields used anywhere else?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
gdavid wrote:

Question, can i change the status IDs and Names to match my remedy IDs / Names to make life simpler? Are those fields used anywhere else?

They are used in all tables and are autogenerated, don't change them
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Maybe you can import the unique remedy item into one of the custom fields.
gdavid
Champion Sweeper
Thanks! I have actually already installed SSIS. I am able to pull the table I need from Remedy into Lansweepers DB. I am currently trying to see if I can schedule the process with a DTS package and update the imported remedy tables.
Then i would have to enter some unique ID into lansweeper that could be matched against the remedy database ID and presto.

(It sounds so easy after i typed it out).
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This might help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_Server_Integration_Services