cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aliby
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I have gotten LanSweeper to run (and for scans to go off as well). When I go to view the web interface, I see everything from the menubar and up, but nothing else.

Any ideas why that might be? I have tried this in FireFox 3 Beta (RC 2) and Internet Explorer 7.

I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks,

-Noah
7 REPLIES 7
aliby
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, I posted about them here: http://forum.lansweeper.com/yaf_postst537_Installing-on-Windows-Server-2008.aspx.

-Aliby
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you get any errors during the install?
Normally the installer should change the web.config file to your settings.
aliby
Engaged Sweeper
And I found the error.

In Lansweeper31.exe.config:

<add key="ConnectionString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=Srv2k8-VM\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper31;User ID=lssqluser31;Password=mysecretpassword0*"/>

And in web.config:

<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=127.0.0.1;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper31;User ID=lssqluser;Password=pwd" />

I changed web.config's key to this:

<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=Srv2k8-VM\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper31;User ID=lssqluser31;Password=mysecretpassword0*" />

(Yes I know, there is connection information, usernames, and passwords in the above strings. However I did change them from the default, so try as you might, they just wont work on my machine )

And it all works :d/

I hope this helps anyone else who runs into my same problem.

-Aliby
aliby
Engaged Sweeper
I was able to get past the error above.

In order to do so, I had to go into the SQL Server settings, disable dynamic ports, enable port 1433, and open port 1433 on the firewall.

Keep in mind these instructions are all for SQL Server 2008 Express.

Now I know it was able to connect to the database because I am getting a login failed :-p. Just gotta figure that one out now.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'lssqluser'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
aliby
Engaged Sweeper
I noticed I accidentally set the IP address wrong in the SQL Server settings. Upon fixing it, I get

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

I assume this has something to do with Named Pipes. However, they are set up and enabled. Any thoughts?
aliby
Engaged Sweeper
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

I should say that I am using SQL Server 2008 Express and not SQL Server 2005 (or 2005 Express)

-Noah
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Open the web.config and change debug="false" to debug="true"
Open it-reports.aspx and change debug="false" to debug="true"