cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martydev
Engaged Sweeper
Installed Lansweeper - no problems or errors all working fine.

Copied the script and and set it to run as a logon script via a gpo for a security group again all working fine, however all the computers are showing up as red and do not have any details.

The lansweeper service account is a member of the domain admins security group so shouldnt have any problems with permissions.

I run the lan sweeper test connector from the server to the client pc and get the following error:

"
Ping test OK
-----------------------------------------------
Remote registry test OK
Remote WMI access test FAILED
Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
Remote \\computername\c$ access test OK
"

I have read over the past posts and anything relating to WMI errors -worked through them with no joy, any other ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Maybe you can try process monitor from sysinternals(microsoft) to check which item is giving the permission errors.
Also enabling security auditing might give some clue in the eventviewer
martydev
Engaged Sweeper
I have just ran the dcomcnfg - component services - right clicked the pc + viewed the properties of the 'my computer'
Default Properties:

Enable Distributed COM (ticked)
Enabled COM Internet Services (ticked)

Default authentication level = connect
Default Impersonation level = Identify

- added the domain admins group and gave all permissions in Launch and Activation Permissions.
- lansweeper service account is in domain admins - rebooted PC and tried to connect from lansweeper connector tool.

result:

Ping test OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remote registry test OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remote WMI access test FAILED
Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))

Remote \\computername\c$ access test OK

Thanks for any further help you can give.

Running vista business 32bit, but have a number of pcs running vista and server 2003 with same result.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you run dcomcnfg.exe on the client and check if the security configuration on the computer was correct?