cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grandeco
Engaged Sweeper
I'm currently busy testing out the lansweeper software so that we can implement this in our compagny. So far everything seems verry promising, some suggestions might follow later.

One question though: security.

At the moment EVERYBODY can browse to the lansweeper webpage and do the searches, perform the actions, get there hand onto information they shouldn't !

Is there any way we can restrict this as to only the administrators (IT guys) have access... for example a login page?

Thank you in advance
DDC

5 REPLIES 5
Kassim
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

where can i find the script that Bullgates has written to lock down access to the webpage?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Kassim wrote:
Hi

where can i find the script that Bullgates has written to lock down access to the webpage?

I suggest to send him a PM
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please follow this link: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/restrict.aspx
Grandeco
Engaged Sweeper
I understand your logic completely, and indeed... most users wouldn't even know how to connect, let alone what to do.

But for security inside the IT team, I'm a little more concerned. We have devisions in Belgium, France and the UK, all with there own internal IT crew. To keep track of who did what only leads to more work for me.

If for example there was a way to allow certain users to perform certain actions, by way of a login screen, this could be managed more effectively. Also this would allow us to logon from any PC and perform these actions (example: if we are in the field and need to deblock a user) without having to worry they know the site.

Greetings
DDC

Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
If you don't tell anyone about it they will never be able to log on and see it. Thats the logic we use at least. That and what would most users care seeing this info.

As far as the actions, they can not be done to remote PC's if they don't have the security to do it (other than ping).

However you can add true security by following http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/restrict.aspx

There is also a script made by a user named Bullgates who was able to sort what users can see on Lansweeper based on AD security. For example basic users could only see one domain and a couple custom actions. Trusted users could run everything.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and welcome to Lansweeper.