cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jvf_registros
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

in our company, each member in the I.T. department has 2 users, one for normal use (without privileges) and the other one with domain admin privileges (who has admin privileges on each domain machine). We can't use the basic or advanced actions that the web control panel offers because the action is executed with the normal user privileges because the browser was opened with the normal user account.

To solve this problem, since we use windows based authentication to log into web control panel using our user with domain admin privileges, we suggest to use these credentials to implement the actions offered by web control panel.

Thank you in advance for your time.
4 REPLIES 4
pcrockett
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks! I missed the host of posts beyond the first page. My mistake. Finally found this too:

runas /profile /env /user:mydomain\admin "\\server\share\lsremote.Exe {computer}"

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
See this link: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/runas.mspx?mfr=true
pcrockett
Engaged Sweeper
I searched all forums for "runas", but I can't find any examples. Could someone elaborate on what it looks like to add a "runas" in the custom action screen? I need help! Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can alter the action and add "runas" to the command.