cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GMFDE
Engaged Sweeper III
I seem to recall that in the 4.x version, there was a report that listed all the machines that had mis-matched hostnames. To be specific, I would like a report in ver 5 that generates a list of computers that have an issue with the host name not matching the reverse dns lookup.

This doesn't happen very frequently but we do come across some machines that the "Test Connection" tool reports that the host name and IP address being reported by DNS doesn't match what the machine has cached.

An example would be to ping a workstation by hostname say, COMPUTER123 and that ping request returns an IP address of 192.168.10.15. Ping the IP address with a -a switch and it returns COMPUTER478 belongs to that IP address.

Could someone that is still running a 4.x version please post the SQL code for the report?

Thanks,

Ed
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We checked with development and they indicate that this information has never been stored in the database. Only the connection tester displays reverse DNS lookup information. There is a generic DNS errors report (SQL query below), but this report doesn't list reverse DNS errors.
Select Top 1000000 tblErrors.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblErrors.ErrorText,
Max(tblErrors.Lastchanged) As [Last changed]
From tblErrors
Inner Join tblAssets On tblErrors.AssetID = tblAssets.AssetID
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Group By tblErrors.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblErrors.ErrorText
Having tblErrors.ErrorText Like '%dns redirected%'
Order By [Last changed] Desc
GMFDE
Engaged Sweeper III
I'll install v4 on a DEV VM and get the SQL code for the report. I know it existed because I have Excel spreadsheets that were exported from Lansweeper ver4.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This information has never been stored in the database. If there are reverse lookup problems during scanning, you'll likely see a generic RPC error.