cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmccourt
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,
We are running Lansweeper v4, with active scanning enabled. This has been working great on our network. We need to run lsclient on a remote site to do a one time scan and are receiving the result "connection to server failed" when running lsclient.exe /showresult. I also tried this at the same location as the ls server/db and received the same error on a machine that is successfully being actively scanned. The windows firewall on the server is turned off and I am able to ping and browse the server from these machines that the lsclient is failing on. Is there something that needs enabled on the server for this to work?
4 REPLIES 4
jmccourt
Engaged Sweeper
I ended up just installing Lansweeper on a local server instead of trying to cross firewalls and it's working fine now 🙂 Thanks for the help!
jmccourt
Engaged Sweeper
All ports are open on the firewall at the moment so traffic from 9524 is allowed. I'm able to run testconnection.exe and it the WMI query runs successfully.
However running lsclient still results in a failed connection. Is there anything that needs to be enabled on the LS DB to allow LSClient data?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
jmccourt wrote:
All ports are open on the firewall at the moment so traffic from 9524 is allowed. I'm able to run testconnection.exe and it the WMI query runs successfully.
However running lsclient still results in a failed connection. Is there anything that needs to be enabled on the LS DB to allow LSClient data?

Are you running the latest version of lsclient.exe?
Are you able to telnet to the server port 9524?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
On the server port 9524 must be open and the service must be running.

You can also check for a firewall in between the networks.