→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fpd2dc
Engaged Sweeper II
I have several computers that for one reason or another don't like to be scanned. I have a folder that I put in the root drive that contains the lspush, scheduled task. Import the scheduled task and set to run at logon.

Each time the lspush program changes I have to re-copy the folder. I am looking for a way to automate this task.

Any help would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
scarsysadmin
Engaged Sweeper III
This is an old question, but here are the 2 methods we use.

1. Use group policy to create a scheduled task to run lspush. We put lspush in the scripts folder in sysvol on the domain controllers. This gives you a central location to update when lspush gets updated.

2. Create a deployment that runs lspush out of the deployment share. Again, this means there is a central location to update.

Based on your question, option 1 seems to be the best for you assuming you have an AD domain.
sullivane
Champion Sweeper III
You can use Advanced Installer (which has a free version) to make MSI's then push them out via LS. You can have a dynamic group with the software name and version number to know who has what.

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/