cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ifm
Champion Sweeper
I have tried to use lspush in a startup script to get fresh scan results, but its just not working. Ive tried to use it manually also, but no result.

I have tried to use the "/showresult" flag but it does not give any message back at all. lspush.exe version is 1.0.0.157

I have tried with and without port definition. Port is 9524 which should be the default. Firewall set up to allow traffic to allow all traffice tcp/udp to this port from our networl.

Any clue on how to fix this?

UPDATE:

lsclient is not working either. I know it worked before two updates ago.
5 REPLIES 5
cjmusa
Engaged Sweeper
Sure will.

Since I am not an SQL guru, I need some help again knowing how to run the command you have highlighted.

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
cjmusa wrote:
Sure will.

Since I am not an SQL guru, I need some help again knowing how to run the command you have highlighted.

Thanks.

To use the specified report, do the following:
• Open the Lansweeper configuration console and select Reports & Alerts\Report Builder. Hit the “New” button.
• Copy the SQL code provided and paste it at the bottom of the newly created report, replacing the default SQL code.
• Click somewhere near tblComputers so the new code applies.
• Give the report a “View name” and a “Report name” and hit the “Save” button.
• Double-click on the report in the report list to see its results and export options.
cjmusa
Engaged Sweeper
I too am using the same version number of LSPUSH.EXE

I have a working startup.cmd that looks exactly like the cmd on the top of page 35 in the Lansweeper documenation.

I have both startup.cmd and lspush.exe located in my netlogon share that is part of my 2008R2 Server.

When I manually run startup.cmd within the netlogon share located on my 2008R2 server where Lansweeper is running, I see the command line dialog box open, the cmd runs and I see that Lansweeper verifies & records that the 2008R2 server has just been "seen". So to me this proves the cmd and netlogon are setup and ready.

Now under users and computers on the same 2008R2 server, I select a domain user who is not being scanned by Lansweeper and under their profile in the Logon Script field I enter startup.cmd just as is shown on page 34 of the Lansweeper documentation.

When this particular machine is turned on and the user logs into the domain, I figured Lansweeper would see the results of running startup.cmd and lspush.exe via the netlogon files.

However Lansweeper still reports that this problem machine has still "not scanned".

Is there someway to prove that when the user on this computer logs onto the the network, that startup.cmd is truly running?

We also have two machines that login with the same user name. Will Lansweeper still push data for both computers to the Lansweeper database once we get lspush.exe working?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
cjmusa wrote:
Is there someway to prove that when the user on this computer logs onto the the network, that startup.cmd is truly running?

Could you run the report below to verify whether your machines have been scanned by LsPush.

Select Top 10 tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique,
tblComputers.Domain, tblComputers.LastLsPush
From tblComputers
Order By tblComputers.ComputerUnique

cjmusa wrote:
We also have two machines that login with the same user name. Will Lansweeper still push data for both computers to the Lansweeper database once we get lspush.exe working?

Yes, it will. The unique identifier for LsPush scans is domain name\computer name, just like for the other scanning methods.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ifm wrote:
I have tried to use lspush in a startup script to get fresh scan results, but its just not working. Ive tried to use it manually also, but no result.

You must use a logon script, not a startup script.

However, since you are having trouble running the tool manually, please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
• Your web console landing page. You can access your landing page by clicking on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console. Please show us the whole page.
• The procedure you use to run the executable manually on one of your machines. Use the /showresult parameter and show us your Command Prompt window and any feedback returned from the /showresult parameter.